Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/25/2012 07:10 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> ... as long as the rsync was bracketed by calls to pg_start_backup()
> and pg_stop_backup().

Or they took it during a filesystem snapshot, or shut the database down.

I thought that the only thing start/stop backup did was mark the
beginning and end transaction logs for the duration of the backup so
they could be backed up separately for a minimal replay.

An rsync doesn't need that, because it's binary compatible. You get two
exact copies of the database, provided data wasn't changing. That's easy
enough to accomplish, really.

Or is there some embedded magic in streaming replication that requires
start/stop backup? I've never had problems starting slaves built from an
rsync before.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534

Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?