Re: libpq crashing on macOS during connection startup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq crashing on macOS during connection startup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John DeSoi <john@desoi.dev> writes:
>> On Nov 30, 2023, at 8:59 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Did you recently get an OpenSSL upgrade to v3.2.0? This is a shot in the dark, but perhaps related to the discussion
here?
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAN55FZ1eDDYsYaL7mv%2BoSLUij2h_u6hvD4Qmv-7PK7jkji0uyQ%40mail.gmail.com

> No, this server is on openssl 3.1.4. But thanks for sending that, I'm about to setup a new server and I'm sure it
willend up with the latest versions.

The crash appears to be happening within GSSAPI authentication, which
presumably indicates that we're not using OpenSSL, so that isn't
where to look.

What troubles me about that stack trace is the references to Heimdal.
We gave up supporting Heimdal (and v16 explicitly rejects building
with it) because its support for Kerberos credentials was too
incomplete and flaky.  So I'm inclined to guess that you are running
into some Heimdal bug.  Try to rebuild libpq using MIT Kerberos
and see if things get better.