Re: How TODO prevent PQfnumber() from lowercasing?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How TODO prevent PQfnumber() from lowercasing?
Дата
Re: How TODO prevent PQfnumber() from lowercasing?  (Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> writes:
> Returned column names from the backend were lowercased by the server
> in this or that way. Furthermore, PQfnumber() makes not-quoted strings
> downcasing on the client side and then performs the compare by using
> the results returned from the backend. To sum up, at the moment I
> couldn't see any possible solution for this TODO. (I'll be appreciated
> to hear your suggestions on the case.) An un-fixable situation?

Really, PQfnumber shouldn't do any case folding at all; that's not in
its charter if you ask me.  The problem is how to get there from here
without too much compatibility pain.  Maybe invent a new routine that
does it right and then deprecate the existing one?