Re: Question: Multiple pg clusters on one server can be reached with the standard port.

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Question: Multiple pg clusters on one server can be reached with the standard port.
Дата
Re: Question: Multiple pg clusters on one server can be reached with the standard port.
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2023-06-16 at 14:49 +0000, Brainmue wrote:
> 16. Juni 2023 14:50, "Laurenz Albe" <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> schrieb:
>
> > On Fri, 2023-06-16 at 12:35 +0000, Brainmue wrote:
> >
> > > We want to minimise dependencies between the application and the associated PostgreSQL DB.
> > > The idea is that the application gets its DB alias and this is then used as a connection string.
> > > This way we can decide in the backend on which server the PostgreSQL DB is running.
> >
> > There is an existing solution for that: the libpq connection service file:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-pgservice.html
> >
> > If you want to manage the connection strings centrally, you can use LDAP lookup:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-ldap.html
>
> Thank you, I already know this solution, but the LDAP solution is out of the question for us and
> the file again means an intervention on the client. And that's exactly what we don't want.

Okay.

Then why don't you go with your original solution, but use a unique TCP port number
for each database?  There are enough port numbers available.  That way, there is no
collision and no need for a proxy to map port numbers.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Question: Multiple pg clusters on one server can be reached with the standard port.
Сообщение: Re: Question: Multiple pg clusters on one server can be reached with the standard port.