Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

От Andrea Suisani
Тема Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/09/2012 01:40 AM, Craig James wrote:
> Nobody has commented on the hyperthreading question yet ... does it really matter? The old (fast) server has
hyperthreadingdisabled, and the new (slower) server has hyperthreads enabled.

> If hyperthreading is definitely NOT an issue, it will save me a trip to the co-lo facility.

sorry to come late to the party, but being in a similar condition
I've googled a bit and I've found a way to disable hyperthreading without
the need to reboot the system and entering the bios:

echo 0 >/sys/devices/system/node/node0/cpuX/online

where X belongs to 1..(#cores * 2) if hyperthreading is enabled
(cpu0 can't be switched off).

didn't try myself on live system, but I definitely will
as soon as I have a new machine to test.

Andrea

От: Franck Routier
Сообщение: Re: Drawbacks of create index where is not null ?
От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance