Re: Testing list

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Testing list
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 10/10/2012 01:03 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> No, but they are also not on -www. And the people they will be
>> discussing with, and the people who will have to buy in on whatever
>> that list thinks up, are on -hackers.
>
> See, this is why I wanted a place for speculative lists, like we
> basically had on pgfoundry.  I don't know that this list will end up
> doing *anything* (people could be all talk and no action), but without a
> list I can't find that out.
>
> The way we have it now, any list request has to be judged against the
> criteria for semi-permanent existence, which is a barrier to people
> trying stuff out which may not work.
>
> Hmmm.  I suppose pgfoundry still exists, and I still have the ability to
> create lists there ...

I have to say JB has a really good point here. We are setting an
unrealistic threshold for the creation of what is our primary form of
communication in the project.

In short, we are saying that no list shall exist without an existing
demand and that list must be something of a permanent nature. That is
just silly. Lists are easy to create and easy to destroy.

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: