Re: Typo in "13.2.3. Serializable Isolation Level"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Typo in "13.2.3. Serializable Isolation Level"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> The following sentence:

>> Eliminate explicit locks, SELECT FOR UPDATE, and SELECT FOR SHARE where no
> longer needed due...

> Uses the word "where" when it should probably use the word "are" and thus
> read:

> Eliminate explicit locks, SELECT FOR UPDATE, and SELECT FOR SHARE are no
> longer needed due...

Hmm, I don't think so.  That sentence is a suggestion of an action
for the reader to take, conditionally upon verifying that such things
are no longer necessary.  Your wording would turn it into an assertion
that no such things are necessary anywhere.  That seems (a) probably
wrong and (b) not grammatically consistent with the other entries in
that bullet list.