Re: Hash id in pg_stat_statements

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Hash id in pg_stat_statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01-10-2012 11:22, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> As long as we *tell* them under what conditions it might change, I
> think it's perfectly fine. Particularly those who are likely to use
> this functionality should certainly be capable of understanding that.

Even if we do that it is too much work for those statistics tools, isn't it?
Instead of relying on internal structures hash, why don't you expose the query
text hash to such tools? If you solve the space normalizations, it is an
almost perfect solution for your use case.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7534: walreceiver takes long time to detect n/w breakdown
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Hash id in pg_stat_statements