Re: CATUPDATE confusion?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CATUPDATE confusion?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Any other opinions?
> The options are:
> 0) Leave as is.
> 1) Remove catupdate and replace with superuser checks.
> 2) Remove catupdate and rely on regular table permissions on catalogs.

I think I vote for (1).  I do not like (2) because of the argument I made
upthread that write access on system catalogs is far more dangerous than
a naive DBA might think.  (0) has some attraction but really CATUPDATE
is one more concept than we need.

On the other hand, if Stephen is going to push forward with his plan to
subdivide superuserness, we might have the equivalent of CATUPDATE right
back again.  (But at least it would be properly documented and
supported...)

Сообщение: Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code
Сообщение: Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code