Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000

От John Hansen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
This should do it.

Regards,

John Hansen

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Bjorklund [mailto:db@zigo.dhs.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 5:02 PM
To: Tom Lane
Cc: John Hansen; Hackers; Patches
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> question at hand is whether we can support 32-bit characters or not
> --- and if not, what's the next bug to fix?

True, and that's hard to just give an answer to. One could do some simple testing, make sure regexps work and then
treatanything else that might not work, as bugs to be fixed later on when found.

The alternative is to inspect all code paths that involve strings, not fun at all :-)

My previous mail talked about utf-8 translation. Not all characters possible to form using utf-8 are assigned by the
unicodeorg. However, the part that interprets the unicode strings are in the os so different os'es can give different
results.So I think pg should just accept even 6 byte utf-8 sequences even if some characters are not currently
assigned.

--
/Dennis Björklund

Вложения