Re: hardware advice

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: hardware advice
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 09/27/2012 03:55 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Have you tried re-writing this query first?  Is there a reason to have
> a bunch of subselects instead of joining the tables?  What pg version
> are you running btw?  A newer version of pg might help too.

Wow, yeah. I was just about to say something about that. I even pasted
it into a notepad and started cutting it apart, but I wasn't sure about
enough of the column sources in all those subqueries.

It looks like it'd be a very, very good candidate for a window function
or two, and maybe a few CASE statements. But I'm about 80% certain it's
not very efficient as is.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534