Re: Small problem with PlaceHolderVar mechanism

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Small problem with PlaceHolderVar mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Greg Stark wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Another place where planner regression tests might've helped :-(
>>
>> I would suggest we start gathering up such tests in an sql file now
>> and worry about how to compare the output later.

> At the very least, we could run them just make sure that they run with
> no weird errors.

Well, the cases where you get a weird error more often than not do get
memorialized in regular regression tests.  The hard thing to test for
(in our current framework) is where you get the right answer but the
plan is stupider than it's supposed to be.