Re: Speeding up text_position_next with multibyte encodings

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Speeding up text_position_next with multibyte encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/12/2018 02:32, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 23/12/2018 02:28, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 14/12/2018 23:40, John Naylor wrote:
>>> I just noticed that the contrib/citext test fails. I've set the status
>>> to waiting on author.
>>
>> Hmm, it works for me. What failure did you see?
>
> Never mind, I'm seeing it now, with assertions enabled. Thanks, I'll
> investigate!

The bug was in handling empty inputs. text_position_setup assumed and
asserted that neither the needle nor haystack are empty, expecting the
callers to have handled those special cases already, but not all callers
did. Here is a fixed version.

- Heikki

Вложения