Re: How many views is ok?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How many views is ok?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Petr Kavan" <petr.kavan@marekmicro.cz> writes:
> Possibility is to create a view for each employee that chooses only his data
> and give employee privileges to this view. But I am not sure if such number
> of views does not have some performance drawbacks or even if postgre can
> support it (I expect i can).

Do you really need more than one view?  I'd consider something like

    create view emp_view as select * from emp where name = current_user;

This requires that your Postgres usernames match up with something in
the underlying table, of course.

Сообщение: Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.
Сообщение: Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.