Re: xid wrap / optimize frozen tables?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: xid wrap / optimize frozen tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nils Goroll <slink@schokola.de> writes:
> as many before, I ran into the issue of a postgresql database (8.4.1)

*Please* tell us that was a typo.

If it wasn't, there were possibly-relevant fixes in 8.4.6, 8.4.9,
and perhaps later; I got tired of scanning the release notes.

8.4.x is out of support entirely now, of course, but it ought to be fairly
painless to drop in the last 8.4.x release (8.4.22) and see if that makes
things any better.  If not, you ought to be thinking about an upgrade to
something 9.recent rather than trying to hack up 8.4.