Re: Array handling in libpq

От Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: Array handling in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, January 17, 2007 10:46, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Condsidering all the processing required by the query, the conversion
> and number of bytes sent over the nework really don't affect
> performance.

Bruce, I'm glad to hear this from someone more experienced.  A lot of
people request support for transmitting binary data in libpqxx, which
would take a lot of work, but there's very little hard evidence that it
would make things noticeably better.

Joris: yes, I'm afraid there's no array support in libpqxx yet so you'll
have to do the conversion yourself.  I may have some time to work on this
in the coming days.  Would you be willing to test-drive new code?

Jeroen