Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Дата
Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-06-30 14:13, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Attached is an updated patch, where I have tried to use a better
> wording in all the code paths involved.

This new patch doesn't work for me on MSYS2 yet.

It fails right now in 010_pg_basebackup.pl at

     my $realTsDir      = TestLib::perl2host("$shorter_tempdir/tblspc1");

with chdir: No such file or directory.  Because perl2host requires the
parent directory of the argument to exist, but here it doesn't.

If I add

     mkdir $shorter_tempdir;

above it, then it proceeds past that point, but then the CREATE
TABLESPACE command fails with No such file or directory.  I think the call

     symlink "$tempdir", $shorter_tempdir;

creates a directory inside $shorter_tempdir, since it now exists, per my
above change, rather than in place of $shorter_tempdir.

I think all of this is still a bit too fragile it needs further
consideration.