Re: Packaging of plpython

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Packaging of plpython
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/07/12 2:26 PM, Gražvydas Valeika wrote:
> OK. It seemed to me, that plpython2 and plpython3 were introduced
> exactly for this reason.
>
> Postgres documentation
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/plpython-python23.html)
> states:
>
> It is not allowed to use PL/Python based on Python 2 and PL/Python
> based on Python 3 in the same session, because the symbols in the
> dynamic modules would clash, which could result in crashes of the
> PostgreSQL server process. There is a check that prevents mixing
> Python major versions in a session, which will abort the session if a
> mismatch is detected. It is possible, however, to use both PL/Python
> variants in the same database, from separate sessions.

yes, but again, plpython3 would depend on having python-libs for python
3.x, which EL5/6 do not provide.  the plpython provided by
yum.postgresql.org has dependency on...

$ yum deplist postgresql91-plpython
postgresql91-plpython.x86_64 9.1.5-3PGDG.rhel6
   dependency: libpython2.6.so.1.0()(64bit)
    provider: python-libs.x86_64 2.6.6-29.el6_2.2