Re: Packaging of plpython

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Packaging of plpython
Дата
Re: Packaging of plpython
Список pgsql-general
On 09/07/12 1:57 PM, Gražvydas Valeika wrote:

> I don't use RHEL, I use Scientific Linux clone of it. And
> yum.postgresql.org <http://yum.postgresql.org/> repository packages.
> It contains plpyton2. In Fedora  16 - fedora repostitories, plpython2.
> In Windows - Enterprise DB 32 bit installer, contains plpython3.dll
> which uses Python 3. No sign of plpython2. Same with 64 bit binaries
> zip file (I don't have installed 64 bit PG on Windows).  In windows,
> PG contains plpython3u description files in share/extension directory,
> but doesn't have plpython2.dll file required by these module definitions.

plpython is dependent on python.  and EL6 ships with

python.x86_64                 2.6.6-29.el6             @base

so if yum.postgresql.org was built with python3 support, it would have
to supply an alternate version of the python runtime, which would have
to be installed somewhere OTHER than the default python location or it
would break various RHEL built in utilities that depend on Python, such
as... YUM itself.