Re: Trying to track down weird query stalls

От dan@sidhe.org
Тема Re: Trying to track down weird query stalls
Дата
Re: Trying to track down weird query stalls  (Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
> dan@sidhe.org escribió:
>
>> > So what's the "?" in the query you pasted earlier?
>>
>> The first ? (for architecture) is 1, the second ? (for branchid) is 0.
>> They both should get passed to Postgres as $1 and $2, respectively,
>> assuming DBD::Pg does its substitution right. (They're both supposed to
>> go
>> in as placeholders)
>
> Right, so how about you reread what I wrote above?
>
> Oh, hmm, so to be more clear: I don't think DBD::Pg is actually sending
> EXECUTE PREPARE.  You need to do this over psql.

Fair enough. (And sorry about the mis-read) Next time this occurs I'll try
and duplicate this in psql. FWIW, a quick read of the C underlying the
DBD::Pg module shows it using PQexecPrepared, so I'm pretty sure it is
using prepared statements with placeholders, but double-checking seems
prudent.

-Dan

Сообщение: Re: Trying to track down weird query stalls
Сообщение: Re: Trying to track down weird query stalls