Re: BUG #7519: incresed data base size and query performance lost

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #7519: incresed data base size and query performance lost
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
<lokendra.dixit@rmsi.com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.11

> 1.When I am taking bacup and restore two three times when databse
> size automatically incresed please descrive the solution.
>
> 2. I have created non cluster index on tables to increase query
> performance at same time performance incresed but after one month
> on same query on same database again query lost performance two
> three time what is reson behind this.

Everything you are describing sounds like the kind of bloat you get
if you don't have autovacuum configured aggressively enough.  To
give people a little more to work with, please describe you hardware
and show the results of running the query on this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

-Kevin