Re: pg_upgrade's exec_prog() coding improvement

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade's exec_prog() coding improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/24/2012 11:44 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Again, win32 testing would be welcome.  Sadly, buildfarm does not run
> pg_upgrade's "make check".

Yesterday I added a new module to the buildfarm client code to run this
(<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/ab812cb9920c65e39ec7358dc816371f1fef31eb>).
It required a couple of tweaks in the base code. This will be in a new
buildfarm client release fairly shortly. It's running on crake now, and
I will add it to pitta to get some Windows coverage.

It would be a lot nicer is the test were written in Perl, since we don't
necessarily have a Bourne shell available for MSVC builds, but we
definitely have Perl available.

None of this does what I think we really need, which is cross-release
pg_upgrade testing, which remains on my TODO list as a fairly high
priority item.

cheers

andrew