Re: alternate psql file locations

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: alternate psql file locations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/26/2012 10:13 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Yeah, but it's a bit hacky. I might well not want $HOME reset.
>>> Here's a small patch that does what I think would suit me and
>>> Alvaro.
>>>

>> Incidentally, this actually doesn't work anyway. psql gets the home
>> path from getpwuid() and ignores $HOME. You could argue that that's
>> a bug, but it's been that way for a long time.
> So, do we want to fix this and honor $HOME?

Not really. Mangling it is a nasty hack anyway. Meanwhile see the
subsequent 9.2 feature (described thus in the release notes):
 *
   Provide environment variable overrides for psql history and startup   file locations (Andrew Dunstan)
   Specifically, PSQL_HISTORY and PSQLRC determine these file names if set.

cheers

andrew