Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/23/2012 02:44 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 08/23/2012 01:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> I'm not sure what you want done. I can test Amit's patch in a couple of
>>> Windows environments (say XP+mingw and W7+MSVC) if that's what you
>>> need.
>> Well, the patch as-is just adds another copy of code that really needs
>> to be refactored into some new file in src/port/ or some such. That's
>> not work I care to do while being unable to test the result ...
>>

> OK, I'll see if I can carve out a bit of time.

I have spent a couple of hours on this, and I'm sufficiently nervous
about it that I'm not going to do anything in a hurry. I will see what
can be done over the weekend, possibly, but no promises.

TBH I'd rather stick with the less invasive approach of the original
patch at this stage, and see about refactoring for 9.3.

cheers

andrew