Re: PostgreSQL 9.2beta4 (& git HEAD) server crash on creating extension plpython3u

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2beta4 (& git HEAD) server crash on creating extension plpython3u
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/08/12 13:28, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> Yes, It worked for me also..
> So will this be a workaround? Or do we intend to use something like
> Py_SetPythonHome() before calling Py_Initialize()/

I think the best we can do is to document that for some installations
you might need to set PYTHONHOME. I don't think we can figure it out at
runtime (we could then use setenv to fix it). This is similar to having
to set PYTHONPATH if you want to import code installed in virtualenvs or
other nonstandard locations.

I'm leaning towards just documenting, mucking around with environment
variables from inside of Postgres' shared libraries seems like a recipe
for disaster.

Cheers,
Jan