Re: pgsql: In docs, change a few cases of "not important" to "unimportant".

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pgsql: In docs, change a few cases of "not important" to "unimportant".
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On 16.08.2012 17:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>>
>>> FWIW, I don't think these changes were an improvement. I find
>>> "not important" more readable in those sentences.

+1

>> Really?  All of them?
>
> Yes.. Perhaps "not important" just feels better to me in general
> than "unimportant".

Yeah, it's probably subjective, but for me "unimportant" has
negative, dismissive overtones, while "not important" does not.
Sort of like the way "unpleasant" has a different meaning than "not
pleasant".

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: In docs, change a few cases of "not important" to "unimportant".
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: In docs, change a few cases of "not important" to "unimportant".