Re: High Disk write and space taken by PostgreSQL

От David Barton
Тема Re: High Disk write and space taken by PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Ramesh,

Are you able to provide a table schema?  Were you using MyISAM or InnoDB on MySQL?

If you back up the database & restore clean, what is the size comparison of the database filed on the restored copy to the existing one?  It may be full of empty tuples.  Is there any period where you could try a full vacuum?

What are your indexes?  Is the size in the indexes or the database tables?

At the current rate of insertion, that table is going to get very large very quickly.  Do you have anything deleting the rows afterwards?  I have no experience with databases past 50M rows, so my questions are just so you can line up the right info for when the real experts get online :-)

Regards, David