Re: -Wformat-zero-length

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: -Wformat-zero-length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/12 7:48 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

>>> Another thing worth considering is to have pg_upgrade init, stop and
>>> start clusters as necessary instead of requesting the user to do it.
>>> I think this is two less steps.
>>
>> Then you'd need to expose the entire pg_ctl shutdown mode logic through pg_upgrade, which might not make things
simpler.

> What about having single user mode talk fe/be protocol, and talk to it via a UNIX pipe, with pg_upgrade starting the
singleuser backend as a subprocess?

I think that's essentially equivalent to starting the server on a
Unix-domain socket in a private directory.  But that has been rejected
because it doesn't work on Windows.

The question in my mind is, is there some other usable way on Windows
for two unrelated processes to communicate over file descriptors in a
private and secure way?