Re: 9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I think there's more people that agree with this use-case than you
> seem to think..  That said, I appreciate that it's not a trivial thing
> to support cleanly.

Not trivial, no, but not major either.  Really what needs to happen is
for the timeline change record to get transmitted over the WAL stream.

Hmmm.  You know, I bet I could get stream-only remastering working in an
unsafe way just by disabling the timeline checks.  Time to test ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.