Re: Form Design Advice

От Ross Gohlke
Тема Re: Form Design Advice
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Overhead is not really the issue.

The real question is how to reuse the same page/script.
Let's say your script is form.php, accessed at www.mydomain.org/form.php

Your POST has to point to itself
<form method="post" action="form.php">

Set up a check system with two different states: check, process; the
default is check
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="check">

LOGIC
If action = check (always the case when form is submitted)
  do error checking
  if errors
   display error messages
  else action = process
if action = process
  $x = 0
  foreach ($form as $key => $val)
   $field[$x] = $val[$x]
   $x++
  insert into table set $field[0] = $val[0], $field[1] = $val[0]...
foreach ($form as $key => $val)
   echo $key : $val // display results
display form
Use the form field names to construct form values as an array
<input  type="text" name="form[$fieldname]" value="">

The form is always displayed. Error messages and results both appear above
the form. Nothing is inserted until there are no errors.

Use PHP to validate the input.