Re: Interrupted pg_dump / pg_restore Upgrade

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Interrupted pg_dump / pg_restore Upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 4, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Thomas F. O'Connell" <tf@o.ptimized.com> writes:
>> My big question is: Is there anything that happens late in the game
>> in a pg_dumpall that affects system catalogs or other non-data
>> internals in any critical ways that would make an interrupted
>> pg_dumpall | psql sequence unstable?
>
> There's quite a lot of stuff that happens after the data load, yes.
> One thought that comes to mind is that permissions aren't
> granted/revoked until somewhere near the end.  But why don't you
> look at the output of "pg_dumpall -s" and find out for yourself
> what got lost?

Yeah, now that I think about it, though, everything that pg_dumpall
produces is SQL or DDL, so unless it does anything involving
preservation of system catalogs that is critical, I'm somewhat less
concerned about this particular issue.

I still intend to review the schema diff, but I think there are some
other issues that need investigation as well.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005