Re: switch UNLOGGED to LOGGED

От Leonardo Francalanci
Тема Re: switch UNLOGGED to LOGGED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm pretty sure we wouldn't accept a patch for a  feature that would
> only work with wal_level=minimal, but it might be a useful  starting
> point for someone else to keep hacking on.

I understand.

Reading your post at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg00315.php
I thought I got the part:

"what happens if we *crash* without writing an abort record?  It
seems  like that could leave a stray file around on a standby,
because the  current code only cleans things up on the standby
at the start of  recovery"

But re-reading it, I don't understand: what's the difference in creating
a new "regular" table and crashing before emitting the abort record,
and converting an unlogged table to logged and crashing before
emitting the abort record? How do the standby servers handle a
"CREATE TABLE" followed by a ROLLBACK if the master crashes
before writing the abort record? I thought that too would "leave a
stray file around on a standby".

Leonardo