Re: Debian upgrade with PostgreSQL

От Julian
Тема Re: Debian upgrade with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Patrick,

    First read this as a general guide for debian.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.html

There was a few gotchas for our upgrade that made us for now stay on
lenny and postgres 8.3.
One being our old client application not being able to deal with the
bytea format properly (sticking with 8.3 until our new client app is ready).

refer to this.
     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/release-9-0.html#AEN100218

Regards,
Julian.