Re: postgresql-tcl

От Brett Schwarz
Тема Re: postgresql-tcl
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Sounds like you have a unix lib.

I just got a Mac (Intel) a couple months ago...I can try to compile one for you (I've been meaning to anyways). Do you
havea Intel or PPC Mac? If it's PPC, then I'm going to have to figure out how to do the universal libs, which may take
longer...

----- Original Message ----
From: L Bayuk <lbayuk@pobox.com>
To: jlt@wvinter.net
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:47:35 PM
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] postgresql-tcl

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:49:02PM -0400, JLT wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to use the libpgtcl in the OS X 10.4.9 system
> When I try load libpgtcl  it tells me it is not a dylib
>
> TEST
> jlt$ tclsh8.4
> % load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so
> no suitable image found.  Did find:
>        /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so: not a dylib

There are 3 Tcl interfaces to PostgreSQL, all hosted on pgfoundry.org.

pgintcl is my pure-Tcl version. You might want to try it at least to get
started, as it should run anywhere you have Tcl.

For best performance, use one of the C implementations: pgtcl or pgtclng.
(Both of these compile into "libpgtcl", by the way.)
But these will need to be compiled for your system type. Pgtclng is mine,
but I don't have access to an OS X system so I can't test it or build it
for OS X. The Pgtcl project might have a libpgtcl built for your OS X.

Where did your libpgtcl.so come from?

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

http://farechase.yahoo.com/