Re: Couldn't make check

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Couldn't make check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
It's rumoured that Andrew Dunstan once said:

> For daily use I agree that we should also do something. One possibility
> is to put the DLLs into the bin directory instead of into a separate
> lib directory. IIRC, Windows executables always search their own
> location first for wanted DLLs before searching the PATH.

iirc they search the current directory, system32 directory and then the
path. Moving the .dll's is probably easiest and has least effect on the
rest of the system - plus, it's easy to do in an installer.
> Alternatively, we could have the installer modify the system path.

As with the regression test problem you pointed out, that will make 2
installations on the same machine unfeasible, or at least much more
awkward.
Regards, Dave