Re: pg_receivexlog or archive_command

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_receivexlog or archive_command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-09-23 10:25, Vikas Sharma wrote:
> I am wondering which one is the best way to archive the xlogs for Backup
> and Recovery - pg_receivexlog or archive_command.

I recommend using pg_receivexlog.  It has two important advantages over
archive_command:  1) You can have multiple instances of pg_receivexlog
running and copying things to different places.  This is complicated to
do correctly with archive_command.  2) pg_receivexlog will fsync the
files it writes.  This is also complicated to do correctly with
archive_command.