От: Torsten Zuehlsdorff
Тема: Re: ZFS vs. UFS
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

ZFS vs. UFS  (Laszlo Nagy, )
 Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Georgi Naplatanov, )
 Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Ivan Voras, )
  Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Craig James, )
   Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Laszlo Nagy, )
    Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Craig James, )
 Heavy inserts load wile querying...  (Ioannis Anagnostopoulos, )
  Re: Heavy inserts load wile querying...  (Craig James, )
   Re: Heavy inserts load wile querying...  (Ioannis Anagnostopoulos, )
 Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Torsten Zuehlsdorff, )
  Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Laszlo Nagy, )
   Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Torsten Zuehlsdorff, )
 Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Laszlo Nagy, )
   Re: ZFS vs. UFS  (Craig James, )

>> On 24.07.2012 14:51, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
>>
>>>   * UFS is not journaled.
>>
>> There is journal support for UFS as far as i know. Please have a look
>> at the gjournal manpage.
 >
> Yes, but gjournal works for disk devices.

That isn't completly correct! gjournal works with all GEOM-devices,
which could be not only disk devices, but also (remote) disk devices,
(remote) files, (remote) software-raids etc.

It is very easy to mirror the *complete* disk from one *server* to
another. I use this technic for customers which need cheap backups of
their complete server.

But a RAID card will be much faster than this. I just wanted to make
this clear.

Greetings,
Torsten

Сообщение: Re: Why do I need more time with partition table?
Сообщение: Re: Why do I need more time with partition table?