Re: Linux memory zone reclaim

От John Lister
Тема Re: Linux memory zone reclaim
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
 >It must have been said already, but I'll repeat it just in case:

 >I think postgres has an easy solution. Spawn the postmaster with
 >"interleave", to allocate shared memory, and then switch to "local" on
 >the backends.

Do you have a suggestion about how to do that? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04
and PG 9.1, I've modified pg_ctlcluster to cause pg_ctl to use a wrapper
script which starts the postmaster using a numactl wrapper, but all
subsequent client processes are started with interleaving enabled as
well. Any ideas how to make just the postmaster process start with
interleaving?

Thanks