Re: Odd blocking (or massively latent) issue - even with EXPLAIN

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Odd blocking (or massively latent) issue - even with EXPLAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/23/2012 04:41 AM, Jim Vanns wrote:
> We're seeing SELECT statements and even EXPLAIN (no ANAYLZE)
> statements hang indefinitely until *something* (we don't know what)
> releases some kind of resource or no longer becomes a massive bottle
> neck. These are the symptoms.

I have seen this sort of behaviour on systems with massive catalogs
(millions of tables and indexes). Could that be your problem?

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Odd blocking (or massively latent) issue - even with EXPLAIN
Сообщение: Re: Odd blocking (or massively latent) issue - even with EXPLAIN