Re: A very long running query....

От Ioannis Anagnostopoulos
Тема Re: A very long running query....
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 21/07/2012 21:11, Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <ioannis@anatec.com> wrote:
>>>              (feed_all_y2012m07.ship_pos_messages join
>>> ais_server.ship_objects on (ship_pos_messages.obj_id = ship_objects.obj_id))
>>>              on (message_copies.msg_id = ship_pos_messages.msg_id)
>> It's this part of the query that's taking 3.2 hours.
>>
>> Move the filtered message_copies to a CTE, and the filtered
>> ship_pos_messages join to another CTE. That should (in my experience)
>> get you better performance.
> Btw... did you try the hash thing?
Not yet as I am trying at present to simplify the index getting the
georefs out of it. Don't know if this is a good idea but I though that
since I am not testing (yet) any equality other than making sure that
the georefs are not null or empty, I could avoid having it in the index,
thus reducing its size a lot... At least for now.....

От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: A very long running query....
От: Jim Vanns
Сообщение: Odd blocking (or massively latent) issue - even with EXPLAIN