Re: 2GB limit for temp_file_limit on 32bit platform

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: 2GB limit for temp_file_limit on 32bit platform
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20/07/12 09:08, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 07/19/2012 01:48 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake
>> <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>>> I haven't read the patch but... don't all 32bit platforms have a 2GB
>>> limit
>>> (by default)?
>>
>> I don't think so.
>>
>> LFS got done in the mid-90s, which is long enough ago for people to
>> start forgetting about it.  Are there any supported platforms that
>> didn't adopt LFS?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_file_support
>
> Note: "by default" :). I know they could support LFS but as I recall
> you had to compile specifically for it (at least on linux and old
> versions of pg).
>
> So I was curious if it was that specific limitation or a limitation
> within the Pg code itself.

It is to do with the datatype of the GUC used for the setting - I
haven't got the patch in from of me to look at, but recall that going
larger meant using a float type which meant you couldn't get nice units
displayed (MB, GB etc).

I'll take a proper look later.

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: 2GB limit for temp_file_limit on 32bit platform
Сообщение: Re: 2GB limit for temp_file_limit on 32bit platform