Re: row literal problem

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: row literal problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/18/2012 03:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 07/18/2012 03:18 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>>> there are no null fields, right? if the last field is sometimes null
>>> you'd see that (you probably ruled that out though).  when you say
>>> 'sometimes', do you mean for some rows and not others? or for some
>>> queries?
>> No, the inner query has two fields.
>> It happens for all rows, but not for all two-field-resulting queries as
>> q. I'm trying to find a simple case rather than the rather complex query
>> my customer is using.
> I'm wondering about a rowtype with a third, dropped column.

As usual Tom has hit the nail on the head. Here's a simple test case
that demonstrates the problem. I could probably have cut it down more
but I was following the structure of the original somewhat:
   # with q as   (   select max(nspname) as nspname, sum(allind.count) as indices       from (select indrelid, count(*)
           from pg_index     group by indrelid) allind         left outer join pg_class on pg_class.oid =
allind.indrelid    left outer join pg_namespace on pg_class.relnamespace =   pg_namespace.oid       group by
pg_namespace.oid  )   select q from q;

             q   --------------------     (pg_catalog,91,11)     (pg_toast,18,99)   (2 rows)

cheers

andrew

>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Сообщение: Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree