Re: query optimizer

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: query optimizer
Дата
Re: query optimizer  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: query optimizer  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>)
Список pgsql-general
Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:
> I'd like to better understand how the optimizer works and is implemented. Is
> there any available documentation (before start reading the source!) to
> understand concepts about geqo and system r? Any chance about any demo or
> presentation with detailed examples (about how the optimizer makes and
> discards choices, not about how to read the planner output)?

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/overview.html
(particularly 42.5)

src/backend/optimizer/README

The developers section of the website used to have slides from a couple
of talks I gave at OSCON, but I don't see them there anymore :-(

От: "Luke Lonergan"
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Parrallel query execution for UNION ALL Queries