Re: Query much slower when run from postgres function

От decibel
Тема Re: Query much slower when run from postgres function
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mar 9, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Mario Splivalo wrote:
> Now, as I was explained on pg-jdbc mailinglist, that 'SET
> enable_seqscan TO false' affects all queries on that persistent
> connection from tomcat, and It's not good solution. So I wanted to
> post here to ask what other options do I have.

FWIW, you can avoid that with SET LOCAL (though it would still affect
the rest of the transaction).

You could also store whatever enable_seqscan was set to in a variable
before setting it to false and then set it back when you're done.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org