Re: problem installing pgAdmin 3 on red hat 7.3

От Dave Page
Тема Re: problem installing pgAdmin 3 on red hat 7.3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
It's rumoured that pginfo once said:
> Hi,
> I try to install the latest pgAdmin3 on my workstation.
> It is running red hat 7.3.
> I make the installation from source.
> By running ./configure I got this message:
> you must specify a valid pgsql instalation wit --with-pgsql=DIR.
>
> I installed also the latest pg 7.3.4. ( I do not deen it on my
> workstation), but I do not know where is this
> pgsql instalation dir.

Hi Ivan,

Unless you specified an alternate location using the --prefix= option when
configuring PostgreSQL, then it should be in /usr/local/pgsql if you
installed from source.
If you installed from an RPM, then I'm not sure where it will be - can you
find libpq-fe.h on your system?
Regards, Dave.