Re: Error Message: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table 'item' not found

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Error Message: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table 'item' not found
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
It's rumoured that Robert T. Meneses once said:
> Im having trouble creating foreign key for this
> table (itemsupp) both have itemcode column but
> when I created this error occur telling UNIQUE
> contraint matching. What shall I do?

Hi,

It seems that PostgreSQL wants to have a Unique constraint  on the
referenced columns. Can you try something like
ALTER TABLE ref_table ADD CONSTRAINT ref_key UNIQUE (ref_col1, ref_col2);

to add a unique contsraint?

Regards, Dave