Re: Setting WHERE on a VIEW with aggregate function.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting WHERE on a VIEW with aggregate function.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:
> I couldn't get that to work -- Postgresql isn't that helpful just
> reporting "ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";" at character 496" even
> after adding a FROM in the first select.  So, I'm stabbing in the dark
> to get it to work.

[ not directly on topic, but... ]  I think the answer to that is "use a
newer version of Postgres".  8.0 and up provide fairly specific pointers
for syntax errors.  Silly example:

regression=# select foo, bar
regression-# , baz,
regression-# zip zap zot
regression-# blah blah;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "zap" at character 28
LINE 3: zip zap zot
            ^
regression=#