Re: tablespace and sequences?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tablespace and sequences?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> (1) the "CREATE SEQUENCE foo TABLESPACE disk2" syntax does not seem
>     to be implemented.

This is intentional.  Sequences are not large enough to need to be
pushed around among multiple tablespaces.  Also, if we did allow
sequences to be associated with tablespaces, we'd be precluding other
implementation changes that are on the wish-list (such as storing all
sequences in a single system table, instead of needing a separate disk
file for each one).

The original patch actually had support for specifying a tablespace for
a sequence.  That was deliberately removed, and it's not going to go
back in later.