Re: Win32 Backup and Restore of large databases.

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Win32 Backup and Restore of large databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:24 PM 9/21/2005 +0100, Howard Cole wrote:

>On a Win32 machine, can I backup a database if the backup file exceeds
>2GB? In linux, I can split the backup file into multiple files. Can this
>be done on Win32?

Max file size depends on file system used.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

Careful if you are using a network file system (e.g. cifs/smbfs or nfs).
The max would then depend on the protocol, the relevant file systems
involved and other limitations.

Of course you can split the backup file into multiple files on win32.

In fact, some Win32 systems made it a bit too easy to do. Typically your
backup file will be split to multiple files with names like FILEnnnn.CHK
(nnnn being zero padded numbers). You may find the original files split too.

;)

Link.