Re: Converting MySQL tinyint to PostgreSQL

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Converting MySQL tinyint to PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Converting MySQL tinyint to PostgreSQL  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I believe that one should leave such on-the-fly disk compression to the
O/S. Postgresql already does compression for TOAST.

However, maybe padding for alignment is a waste on the disk - disks being
so much slower than CPUs (not sure about that once the data is in memory ).
Maybe there should be an option to reorder columns so that less space is
wasted.